Monday, January 17, 2011

Little Dresses for Africa and Easy Tube Pillowcase Method Collide.

Little Pillow Case Dresses for Africa
Girls 11-12, Toddler 3-4
This MLK weekend, I'm doing service work for others by making Little Dresses for Africa.  The dresses are constructed out of pillow cases.  You can use a store-bought pillow case or you can make a pillow case and turn it into a dress...that's what I'm doing.  See the Little Dresses for Africa link below (littledressesforafrica.org) for details and printable sewing instructions.  Patternless sewing, my favorite!  
I'm using my fabric stash, and spending a few dollars on low cost cotton fabric at Wal-Mart to make Easy Tube Pillow Cases--ridiculously easy, professional finish, FABULOUS.  Fun and funky pillow cases alone are a great gift to yourself or others.  To turn my pillow cases into dresses, I don't finish the top hem of the case but leave it open since this forms the neckline of the dress.  I center the seam down the back of the dress. 

Check out the links and if you are inspired to make ANYTHING, share here! What are YOU making?   
Little Pillow Case Dresses for Africa
Added Yo-You Detail, Toddler 3-4 


Making,
Martha

1 comment: