Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oil-Free Tomato-Basil Salad Dressing. - Vegan.

Oil-Free Tomato-Basil Salad Dressing - Vegan
photo by Martha Stroud-Merry
I'm always on the lookout for good homemade oil-free salad dressings.  This one is outstanding.  So fresh and delicious!  Enjoy.

Oil-Free Tomato-Basil Salad Dressing

3-4 small roma tomatoes, cored and halved
1 small regular tomato, cored and quartered
1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1/3 c. sundried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
8-10 fresh basil leaves
juice of 1 lemon
dash of sea salt
*1 cup water

Blend first 7 ingredients and half of the water in a food processor or blender until smooth.  Add more water until you attain the desired consistency.  Refrigerate unused portions.  Make about 3 cups.

3 comments:

  1. First time I commented in a blog! I really enjoy it. You have an awesome post. Please do more articles like this. I'm gonna come back surely. God bless.

    Rica
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is gold. We should treasure every second of it so that in time we will not regret anything because we only live ones.I have read your article and i was glad and inspired. Thanks for it, Cheers!
    Visit my site if you have time, Enjoy.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this recipe "Oil-Free Tomato-Basil Salad Dressing" and it was ok, not enough of something, not sure what it was missing for me, but I decided to add 1 whole avocado and Bam! It was amazing. I don't want to add oil, but also don't mind the healthy fats in avocado, so adding one made it creamy and more flavorful. So in the end I loved this recipe as long as I added the avocado. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete